This Glittery Blue Eyeshadow Look Is a Winter Dream — Here’s How to Create It
Beauty trends come and go, but if our Instagram feeds are telling us anything, it’s that all things 90s have returned to the scene. From butterfly clips to brown lips, makeup and hair looks from years past are making a major comeback. Our current obsession? Frosted blue eyeshadow, thanks to this look created by @nikki_makeup. To learn how to recreate this ice queen vibe at home, we tapped makeup artist Tyra Janea for help. Here, she’s breaking down how to do this soft, sparkly blue eye.STEP 1:
- Prep the Eye
- Before applying any eyeshadow, it’s important to make sure your eyelid is primed. This will help your shadow last longer and remain smudge-free. While you can definitely reach for a traditional prep product like the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Janea recommends using a full-coverage concealer, like the NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Jar, across the lid and up to the brow bone.
- Add Some Color
- Using the NYX Professional Makeup Diamonds & Ice, Please 80-Pan Ultimate Artistry Palette, take a flat shadow brush and pack the darker, matte blue shade into the inner corner of your eye, extending up to the crease.
- Brighten With Sparkle
- Next, take a small, flat detail brush and coat it in a silver, shimmery shadow. Pack the color in the inner corner, keeping it concentrated around the tear duct. For more color payoff, try spraying your brush with a setting spray before dipping into the pan.
- Blend Away
- For a softer look, it’s a good idea to blend out the blue shadow. Use a buffing brush to diffuse the blue shadow across your crease, up to your brow bone and out to the outer corner of your eye.
- Draw a Wing
- Because no makeup look is complete without a wing, Janea suggests coating an angled brush with the black shadow from the NYX palette. Draw a thin wing, starting from the middle of your lash line. If you need help creating a straight line, we recommend using a piece of tape as a guide. Just make sure to remove it gently once your liner is complete.
- Frost it Off
- As a finishing touch, apply the NYX Professional Makeup Diamonds & Ice, Please Shadow Jelly in Lister Silver on the eyelid and up toward the brow bone. You can do this with a flat shadow brush or your finger. After applying any foundation, bronzer or blush, feel free to apply more Shadow Jelly onto the high points of your cheek for an added shimmer effect.